Buy the album now on Bandcamp

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lazy Jane

"Lazy Jane" is now on SOTGD...
It's a gothic little alt rock morality story of how we give birth to our own tragedies.
(The current Depression being a case in point)


Who's that girl in mourning
hiding in the light that pulls her down
singing me, bringing me warning...
her eyes already in mine sweeping...

In a rushing stumble
followed by a boy who wears a crown
looking like my own reflection
if higher than heaven down I'd tumbled...

Lazy Jane comes knocking
out there howling in the wind she walks, she walks
out there howling in the wind she walks

Wasn't I just sleeping,
dreaming of a land where fire rained down
when shaking me waking me humbled
and hearing at the door her strange sound

Why do you accuse me?
Take away the child and leave my hall
when suddenly there in the aching
she kneels for the last time
and down she falls

Lazy Jane comes knocking
out there howling in the wind she walks, she walks
out there howling in the wind she walks

This incomplete painting, conjured in the 1850's by Ford Maddox Brown, is called "Take Your Son, Sir" 




No comments:

Post a Comment